Is Water Mold In A Pool Dangerous? [Expert Review!]

Spread the love

Many homeowners are now faced with cleaning up after their pool has been damaged by an invasive species – water mold. This article will briefly cover what you should know about this dangerous creature and how you can protect your pool from being inhabited.

Identify The Species

If you are seeing this article, then you already know there has been a problem. Luckily, you found out before too much damage was done. The good news is that identifying the species is relatively simple. From an initial glance at the water, you can determine if it is mold or algae. If it is mold, then the species will become even more apparent once you have cleaned it off the pool walls and equipment.

However, sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between the two. Algae can look similar to mold, and both can grow rapidly. If you are not sure, then have a look at our guide to identifying water insects. There are several criteria that you can use to identify the issue – if you are still in doubt, then seek further information online or from a local pool deck center.

Prevent Further Spread

If you can identify the species and know how harmful it can be, then you can take steps to prevent its spread. Removing the contaminated water from your pool is essential to stopping the growth of the fungus. Fortunately, you can use many different products to cleanse your pool of mold. Some homeowners have had success with chlorinated water and regular cleaning with a pool vacuum, while others have employed more aggressive measures such as H 20 treatment or a complete water renovation.

Clean Up What You Can

It is important to note that while the growth of the fungus can be detrimental to your pool’s health, it is not necessarily the case. If you find that there is greenish slime covering the pool walls and equipment, then this is probably indicative of algae rather than mold. In this case, it is still advisable to clean the area, but you can do so without fear of harming yourself or your pool. Simply run some chlorine gas through your pool to eliminate the algae and any other water creatures that may be thriving in the water.

Be Careful With What You Eat!

Mold can grow rapidly when given the proper food and moisture. If you are a frequent consumer of seafood, then you should know that many kinds of fish are high in mercury. Eating large amounts of fish has been known to make some people sick. If you are aware of this fact, then you should be careful about what kinds of food you eat around your pool area. The good news is that you can get rid of most of the mercury by simply changing your diet to more vegetarian-based foods like brown rice and lentils. Some experts even go as far to suggest avoiding eating fish altogether.

Takeaway

In most cases, algae and mold can look similar. If you are not sure whether or not your pool is infested with algae or mold, then it is best to seek help from a professional. However, if you suspect that it is mold that you are dealing with, then it is still advisable to cleanse the area as soon as possible. The above mentioned tips should provide you with enough information to get started with your pool cleanse.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!