There are a lot of reasons why water looks blue in a pool. The most common one is that the water is slightly hazy. It could also be that there is a lot of algae in the water or the water contains a lot of dissolved minerals that give it a blue-tint. However, there are a few more reasons why water looks blue in a pool. Here are some of them.
Bacteria and fungi that float around in water quickly create a film on the surface. This film is known as scum. Scum is made up of dead bacteria and fungi that float around in the water. It is an indication that your pool water is polluted. A lot of bacteria and fungus cause scum to form in your pool. These bacteria and fungi feed on the organic material and nutrients in the water. The presence of scum in your pool is highly undesirable and could potentially be dangerous. The very first step to keeping your pool clean is by removing scum as it forms. You might want to use a pool cleaner designed for this purpose. Alternatively, you could hire a professional pool cleaner to come and take care of your pool water for you. Hiring a pool cleaner is a good option when you’re going on vacation and don’t want to worry about cleaning your pool yourself.
Filtration is the process of taking impurities out of your water. When you live in a place with a lot of dust, pollution, or other toxins, your pool could become seriously contaminated. Your pool will quickly become an accumulation point for contaminants because it is outside and open to the elements. It is highly advisable that you install a water filtration system in your pool to keep it clean. Your pool water will be purified by the filtration system. The filter will trap various impurities including bacteria, algae, and insects. Many pool owners choose to use a pool blanket to protect their pool from scratches and abrasions. This is because a pool cover provides some warmth as well as protection from the sun’s ultraviolet rays. Some pool blankets have an additional feature that creates a bubble effect when drawn up by the pool pump. This bubble effect makes it easier for you to dive into the water without getting your skin wet. A typical pool filtration system usually contains an air pump, chlorinator, and mechanical filter. The air pump creates a vacuum that pulls water through the mechanical filter. In addition, chemicals such as chlorine and bromine are added to the pool water to keep it clean. These chemicals will help eliminate the presence of algae and maintain the required clarity of the water.
Adding color to your pool is a good way to make it look more interesting. There are many different ways that you can add color to your pool. One of the simplest ways is by using a pool shadeless. Just like the name suggests, a pool shadeless will remove all shadows from your pool. This is a great option if you have a wooden pool deck or spa area and want to make it look clean and uncluttered. The light coming from above will no longer create shadows on the floor of your pool. This is why many pools with wooden pool decks are built without any poolside shades. The absence of the poolside shade will allow more light to enter your pool and add more color to it. Many people like the look of a clean, uncluttered pool so much that they have their pool deck filled with colorful plants and accessories.
When I was a kid, the only lighting in my pool was the small square of light that came in through a nearby window or an outdoor skylight. Nowadays, there are a lot of options when it comes to lighting your pool. You can get a whole bunch of different lights that are specifically designed to illuminate pools. The best part is that all of these lights are rechargeable and so easy to use. Just plug them in and the light will illuminate your pool instantly. This is a great option for people who love to swim at night because it provides the perfect cozy glow that makes getting in the water easier for everyone.
When I say algae, you probably think of the green algae that grows in lakes and oceans. However, algae is quite a versatile creature and it can live in either fresh or salt water. There are many different kinds of algae, but they all have one thing in common; they want to live in close proximity to water. Algae quickly reproduce in open waters and so they can quickly colonize a new area. This is why swimming pools are among the many places where you will find algae. If you would like to keep your pool clean and free of algae, you should do the following:
- Keep your pool free of any sources of nutrients that might cause algae to grow.
- Furnish your pool with adequate light by installing one or more skylights.
- Keep a lookout for unusual or cloudy surface areas on your pool that might be an indication of algae growth.
- After you have located a patch of algae, remove it using a pressure washer or high pressure cleaner.
- As a last resort, you could dissolve some copper pennies in your pool and let the algae perish. Be careful not to ingest the algae when cleaning the pool as it might be poisonous.
- When you are done cleaning your pool, make sure that you disinfect it thoroughly with a reputable disinfectant like Halogen Free.
Insects such as mosquitoes and gnats are attracted to water and so they could quickly colonize your pool area if they find it attractive. This is why you should do the following to keep insects away from your pool:
- Install a water dispenser that sprays insecticide as part of its water delivery system.
- Set up a moat around your pool filled with water that is either salt or chlorinated.
- Seal up any cracks or holes around the perimeter of your pool. This will keep the elements out and prevent insects from entering.
- If you are really worried about insects, it is advisable that you get one of those expensive mosquito/insect zappers that emit an ultrasonic sound that will drive away even the most determined of insects.
Moisture is another important element to keep in mind when cleaning your pool. If you live in an area where the humidity is high, your pool could become a place for mold and mildew to grow. If you would like to keep your pool clean, you should do the following:
- Keep your pool at a consistent level of humidity by regularly spraying it with a hose.
- If you notice, pools in tropical climates are always kept a little moist. This is because the humidity is high and so it is easier for mold and mildew to flourish. For instance, if you have a shower room next to your pool, it is advisable that you leave the shower door open when taking a bath. This allows the humid air from the shower to settle on your skin while you bathe.
- A super clean pool is a place where you can get sick from ingesting waterborne diseases like the cryptosporidium. It is advisable that you follow all the recommendations that your local public health department gives you for keeping your pool clean.
- When you are at the beach, it is best to keep your pool closed off from the elements. This reduces the chances of the pool becoming contaminated by the beach’s debris or chemicals such as sun block and sunscreen which might damage the pool’s finish.
- If you are a serious diver, you might want to have your pool deck fitted with a ladder so that you can easily get in and out of the water without having to surf the surface of the water. This is because it is dangerous to dive into a pool with no ladder. If you have a pool with no ladder, add one as soon as possible.